Terms & Conditions
We require our Terms and Conditions as below to be accepted upon booking.
Supplementary terms and conditions (Covid-19)
1. Although up to 6 people are now allowed in private gardens, any bouncy castle or inflatable will be for use by members of the household that hired it only – this means no neighbours, friends or family not residing in the household. Persons from other households must not, under any circumstances being invited to, or allowed to use the equipment we have supplied. Upon us receiving notification that this condition has been breached, we will immediately return to the hire location and retrieve the equipment.
2. We will only deliver to private, gated, enclosed gardens and inflatables will only be installed on a suitable grassed area. We do not condone or encourage gatherings of any kind.
3. We cannot deliver to any household that has an occupant being ‘shielded’ or deemed high risk or is in isolation.
4. We cannot deliver to any household where any occupant has shown any symptoms of the virus, or has tested positive for the virus within 14 days prior to the hire. If any occupant develops or displays any symptoms on the morning of the hire, or during the hire period we must be informed immediately. In these circumstances we will cancel or curtail the booking as appropriate.
5. All occupants of the household must remain inside the house while we deliver, install and collect the inflatable. This means the inflatable must be vacated with all occupants inside the house prior to our arrival for collection.
6. There must be access to your garden via an open side gate – we cannot enter or go through any house. An external power supply or 13 amp extension lead must be available and switched on ready for our arrival.
7. Availability of inflatables may be limited as there will be a minimum period of 5 days between hires of specific inflatables. We will only be supplying standard bouncy castles and inflatable games to reduce the risk of contamination. Disco bouncy castles etc will not be supplied at this time.
8. We can only accept electronic forms of payment at least 24 hours prior to dropping off the inflatable.
9. Our terms and conditions must be accepted online at the point of booking, or by email at least 24 hours prior to the hire.
We will be using masks and gloves and all inflatables will be disinfected before and after being hired out. We reserve the right to refuse any hire on delivery if the above terms are not adhered to and we reserve the right to amend these conditions or cancel or curtail any booking at any time as the government advice changes.
General Terms and Conditions of Hire
A responsible person over 18 years of age must supervise each inflatable at all times.
Any soft play and/or other equipment hired must also be supervised by a responsible adult.
The inflatable(s) must be secured to the ground at all times and before use. The equipment must not be moved or re-positioned.
No food or drinks (including gum) are to be consumed on the inflatable (to avoid choking and mess).
All shoes, badges and jewellery (e.g. large earrings, necklaces, etc.) must be removed to avoid damage to the equipment and injury to other users. It is recommended that spectacles and plastic alice bands are also removed. Adults must remove high-heeled shoes before stepping on mats.
Ensure that the equipment is not overcrowded and limit the numbers depending on the age and size of children using it according to the recommendations printed on the equipment (on or near the front step of most inflatables).
Do not allow children to take any hard or sharp objects onto the equipment, or anything large enough to block exits/entrances.
Do not allow children to take balloons onto the equipment (burst balloons and strings can be a choking hazard).
No party-poppers, henna, face paint, coloured streamers or “silly string” can be used near or on the equipment, as these may permanently stain the unit, for which you are liable.
No water or other liquid to be poured or sprayed onto the equipment (other than a reasonable amount for cleaning purposes) as it causes the surface of inflatables to become slippery, damages soft play, and can result in subsequent bookings being cancelled if the equipment is too wet to be delivered. If equipment is deliberately soaked you will be charged double your hire fee to cover our costs in subsequent cancelled bookings and drying time.
Inflatables must not be used in wind or wind gusts in excess of 24mph. Inflatables must not be used in heavy rain. Equipment must not be used in Thunder Storms.
No smoking, barbecues, glass or animals on or near the equipment.
Reckless or boisterous behaviour must not be allowed.
Avoid large children and small children from using the equipment at the same time.
Climbing, hanging, or sitting on the walls is dangerous and must not be allowed.
Children must use slides one at a time and must not climb on the sides of the slide.
Slides should be used in a sitting position, feet first – do not allow jumping from the top of the slide.
Safety mats must be positioned at the bottom of the slide.
Ensure that mats supplied with the equipment remain where they were positioned during installation at all entrances and exits.
Do not allow anyone to bounce on the step/front apron of the inflatable(s). The step is there to help users get on and off.
No-one with a history of back or neck problems should be allowed on the inflatable(s).
No one who is visibly intoxicated through alcohol, drugs or any other substance should be allowed to use or supervise the equipment.
Do not allow users on the inflatable(s) during inflation or deflation.
If the inflatable(s) are not being used for any part of the day, please switch the blower(s) off at the mains. IMPORTANT: If more than one blower is being run from a single extension lead you must unplug all but one blower before switching back on, plug the remaining blowers in one at a time only when each inflatable or part is fully inflated. Please ensure the blower is switched on and the inflatable(s) are inflated when we return for collection.
In the event of rain please remove children from the inflatable(s) and place a table or similar object over the blower(s) to prevent water from being blown inside the inflatable(s). Do not switch the blower(s) off. Once the rain has stopped, please ensure that the entrance and exit to the inflatable(s) are dried with a towel before children are allowed back on as they become slippery when wet.
Ensure that the vent on the side of the blower is kept clear at all times.
Should a blower overheat or lose power, immediately remove children from the inflatable and switch the blower off at the mains. It should restart when switched back on again 1 or 2 minutes later. If it does not please inform us on 01507 735235
All electrical equipment and generators must be switched off prior to refuelling. Refuelling containers must be clearly marked and kept in a safe location.
Grand Castles must be advised as soon as possible in the event of any injury requiring professional medical treatment. Treatment must be sought within 2 hours of the injury occurring and a detailed record of the incident and treatment must be provided to us.
You must call us immediately upon any equipment failure. If you are unsure about anything, please contact us immediately.
It is the hirers responsibility to point out / mark any underground services where the inflatables are to be sited. Our anchor stakes are 380mm long and services should be deeper. However on private property this isn't always the case. We will not be held liable for any damage caused to underground services that we aren't pre-warned about.
Full safety instructions are given on setup, and a safety guide left with you for your reference.We require a deposit of 20% of the total hire cost (rounded up to the nearest £5) to be paid within 48 hours of your booking being made.Although we will make every effort to ensure that we deliver your product, in some instances we will be unable to and we reserve the right to cancel any booking at any time. Our liability will be strictly limited to any monies already paid, up to a maximum of your total hire cost. Refunds are given when we are unable to deliver on your booking due to adverse weather as determined by our staff, vehicle failure, or staff illness - in all other circumstances the deposit is non-refundable but can be transferred to a new booking within 12 calendar months of the date of the original booking. Please be aware that refunds may take up to 21 days to process, though we do make every effort to process these in a much shorter timescale.
BSEN 14960:2013 and the HSE state that it is unsafe to operate an inflatable outdoors in winds exceeding 24mph including gusts. If winds or gusts in excess of 24mph are forecast by the Met Office, we will unfortunately have to rearrange or cancel your booking. In the first instance we will attempt to rearrange to a mutually convenient date or indoor venue, if this is not acceptable we will refund any monies already paid. Please see our Weather Policy for further details.
These guidelines are for the safety of all people using this equipment and it is the sole responsibility of the hirer to ensure they are adhered to.
We cannot and will not accept any responsibility for any injury caused to anyone using this equipment.
These terms and conditions will be emailed to you 72 hours before your booking, and you will be required to confirm that you have read, understood and agree to abide by the terms and conditions listed above. The delivery driver will demonstrate to you that the equipment has been properly installed and secured.
Due to the nature of our business items do unfortunately become damaged. These occasions are very rare, however we do reserve the right to replace these with items of a similar type and value should the ones you have booked be unavailable.
Please also see our FAQs page for further information.