TERMS & CONDITIONS OF HIRE
It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that all possible steps are taken to avoid injury to users or damage to the equipment (which includes all items supplied by Grand Castles), as the hirer is responsible/liable for any injury or damage for the duration of the hire. PLEASE READ the following safety instructions and ensure that they are followed.
General Terms and Conditions of Hire
1) A responsible person over 16 years of age must supervise each inflatable at all times. No one who is visibly intoxicated through alcohol, drugs, or any other substance should be allowed to use or supervise the equipment.
2) Any soft play and/or other equipment hired must also be supervised by a responsible adult.
3)The inflatable(s) must be secured to the ground at all times and and must not be used until instructed by a Grand Castles representative that it is safe to do so. The equipment must not be deflated, moved or re-positioned.
4) All inflatables must be installed on a suitable grassed area and secured with 16mm x 380mm stakes. For this reason we cannot install inflatables on artificial grass. We cannot install inflatables onto any hard surface outdoors. Please note: We can only set up on private land. We do not hire to, or set up in communal areas such as shared gardens, village greens, grass verges etc.
5) No food or drinks (including gum) are to be consumed on the inflatable (to avoid choking and mess).
6) All shoes, badges and jewellery (e.g. large earrings, necklaces, etc.) must be removed to avoid damage to the equipment and injury to other users. It is recommended that spectacles and plastic alice bands are also removed. Adults must remove high-heeled shoes before stepping on mats.
7) Each inflatable is subject to a maximum user height and a maximum number of users. Ensure that the equipment is not overcrowded and limit the numbers depending on the age and size of children using it according to the recommendations printed on the equipment (on or near the front step of most inflatables). Soft play and ball pools are suitable for children up to 5 years of age. Please return balls to ball pool prior to collection.
8) Do not allow children to take any hard or sharp objects onto the equipment, or anything large enough to block exits/entrances.
9) Do not allow children to take balloons onto the equipment (burst balloons and strings can be a choking hazard).
10) No party-poppers, henna, face paint, coloured streamers, confetti balloons or “silly string” can be used near or on the equipment, as these may permanently stain the unit, for which you are liable.
11) No water or other liquid to be poured or sprayed onto the equipment (other than a reasonable amount for cleaning purposes) as it causes the surface of inflatables to become slippery, damages soft play, and can result in subsequent bookings being cancelled if the equipment is too wet to be delivered.
12) Inflatables must not be used in wind or wind gusts in excess of 24mph. Inflatables must not be used in heavy rain and if raining a shower cover must be used. Equipment must not be used in Thunder Storms. Disco lights and speakers must be switched off and unplugged in damp or rainy conditions.
13) No smoking, barbecues, glass or animals on or near the equipment.
14) Reckless or boisterous behaviour must not be allowed.
15) Avoid large children and small children from using the equipment at the same time.
16) Climbing, hanging, or sitting on the walls is dangerous and must not be allowed.
17) Children must use slides one at a time and must not climb on the sides of the slide.
18) Slides should be used in a sitting position, feet first – do not allow jumping from the top of the slide.
19) Safety mats must be positioned at the bottom of the slide.
20) Ensure that mats supplied with the equipment remain where they were positioned during installation at all entrances and exits.
21) Do not allow anyone to bounce on the step/front apron of the inflatable(s). The step is there to help users get on and off.
22) No-one with a history of back or neck problems should be allowed on the inflatable(s).
23) Do not allow users on the inflatable(s) during inflation or deflation.
24) In the event of rain please remove children from the inflatable(s). Do not switch the blower(s) off. Once the rain has stopped, please ensure that the bounce bed, entrance and exit to the inflatable(s) are dried with a towel before children are allowed back on as they become slippery when wet.
25) Ensure that the vent on the side of the blower is kept clear at all times.
26) Should a blower overheat or lose power, immediately remove children from the inflatable and switch the blower off at the mains. It should restart when switched back on again 1 or 2 minutes later. If it does not please inform us on 01507 735235
27) All electrical equipment and generators must be switched off prior to refuelling. Refuelling containers must be clearly marked and kept in a safe location.
28) Grand Castles must be advised as soon as possible in the event of any injury requiring professional medical treatment. Treatment must be sought within 2 hours of the injury occurring and a detailed record of the incident and treatment must be provided to us.
29) You must call us immediately upon any equipment failure. If you are unsure about anything, please contact us immediately.
30) It is the hirers responsibility to point out / mark any underground services where the inflatables are to be sited. Our anchor stakes are 380mm long and services should be deeper. However on private property this isn't always the case. We will not be held liable for any damage caused to underground services that we aren't pre-warned about.
31) Full safety instructions are given on setup, and a safety guide left with you for your reference.
For public use e.g events, a boundary fence must be erected containing an area which is a minimum of 3.6m wider than, and 5.3m deeper than the inflatable with a 1.0m entrance to ensure that the blower, cables, pegs etc are inaccessible. You can provide/install this yourself or we can provide this service for an additional £30 per inflatable.
We require a deposit of 20% of the total hire cost to be paid upon booking. Our booking system will automatically cancel and delete your booking if the deposit is not received within 48 hours. We regret we are unable to hold dates where the deposit has not been received. Although we will make every effort to ensure that we deliver your product, in some instances we will be unable to and we reserve the right to cancel any booking at any time. Our liability will be strictly limited to any monies already paid, up to a maximum of your total hire cost. Refunds are given when we are unable to deliver on your booking due to adverse weather as determined by our staff, vehicle failure, or staff illness - in all other circumstances the deposit is non-refundable but can be transferred to a new booking within 12 calendar months of the date of the original booking.You are responsible for ensuring that there is adequate space for our products, that the location our products will be sited is accessible, and that you have cleared the area of mess and debris. We will be unable to provide a refund if we cannot deliver your product due to a lack of space or accessibility or due to an inappropriate location. Please be aware that refunds may take up to 21 days to process, though we do make every effort to process these in a much shorter timescale.
32) BSEN 14960:2019 and the HSE state that it is unsafe to operate an inflatable outdoors in winds exceeding 24mph including gusts, or rain heavy enough to make the bounce bed wet. If winds or gusts in excess of 24mph, and/or rain are forecast, we will unfortunately have to rearrange or cancel your booking. In the first instance we will attempt to rearrange to a mutually convenient date or indoor venue, if this is not acceptable we will refund any monies already paid. Please see our Weather Policy for further details.
33) Due to the nature of our business items do unfortunately become damaged. These occasions are very rare, however we do reserve the right to replace these with items of a similar type and value should the ones you have booked be unavailable.
By booking with Grand Castles you agree to us using photographs of your hire on our website and social media, unless you notify us otherwise in writing. N.B. We will not take or use photographs of your children without your express permission.